Sr. Software Engineer- Java
This Sr. Software Engineer position is a highly technical senior role with accountability for software development scoped to business-transformative projects and is involved with projects from inception through implementation. It is a critical role for our client and part of their Software Engineering community.
Length: 6-month contract (Strong possibility of extension and/or conversion)
Associate Vendors: We are accepting applications from candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Role & Responsibilities
- Analyzes, designs, develops, implements, documents and maintains applications systems, working on moderately complex to highly complex work tasks or project assignments.
- Gathers, analyzes and translates business and non-functional requirements into a solution design. May lead meetings to define business requirements and technical solutions. Executes tasks, estimates resources, establishes timelines and prioritizes work.
- Designs, develops to specifications and maintains application code in accordance with the current development and project management methodologies and practices.
- Manages work assignments according to current project methodologies or as directed.
- Prepares required documentation for the portion of work assigned.
- Consults with Quality Assurance and Business Analysts in the development and execution of test plans.
- Provides technical assistance and problem resolution for assigned systems. Leads resolution of production support problems in accordance with problem management policies and procedures. Leads resolution of production support incidents in accordance with incident management policies and procedures. Coordinates with vendors for problem resolution and change requests.
- Ensures that applications changes follow change management policies and procedures.
- Provides technical guidance to ensure that installed systems are working effectively and that proposed systems will meet the organization’s future needs.
- Identifies and provides recommendations for system process improvements.
- Ensures smooth implementation of new technologies and vendor integrations by using their expertise on their assigned domains and interfaces
- May act as a source for direction, training, and guidance for less experienced departmental staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, or in a related technical field or equivalent technology experience.
- 5-10 years’ experience in OO design patterns and coding best practices – mainly in Java development (Windows, Unix, Linux, and Mac)
- Experienced in developing object-oriented development frameworks within Agile/Scrum, and waterfall environments
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools like Dynatrace, New Relic, Grafana & Splunk etc.
- Experience with Retail systems is highly desired
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written, interpersonal and listening skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills including collaboration, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong collaboration skills to achieve business goals collectively across broad teams
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
- Develops code, techniques, and processes that interfaces with middleware, including ETL, ESB, Web Services, SOAP, and XML
- Proven expertise of networking concepts/protocols –TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, etc.
- 5-10 years’ experience writing SQL in one or more of the following: MS SQL, T-SQL, MySQL
- 4+ years database design/development experience in RDBMS platforms (SQL Server, Oracle), experience with NoSQL DB design/development preferred
- Experience in ETL transformations, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) Technology is a plus
- Experience & working knowledge in AWS Services (AWS Docker ECS, AWS Application load balancer, S3) is a plus
How Do I Apply?
Apply on this website or send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a technical staffing agency based in Bellevue, WA that specializes in matching you with quality opportunities that meet your professional aspirations. We offer contract, contract to hire and direct placement services to top Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a variety of industries. Our IT staffing success in the telecommunication, financial, insurance, retail, travel, healthcare, professional service, and technology industries are how we've built a reputation for long-lasting, authentic relationships.
Why Work for Us?
Proliance Consulting offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Vision: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Dental: Proliance offers a plan administered by Delta Dental.
- Flexible Spending Account: Proliance offers FSA’s as a pre-tax benefit to use on medical or dependent care.
- Balance Works: Proliance offers dedicated online personal assistants, wellness programs, & free financial and legal consultations.
- Balance Care: Proliance offers this health advocacy service that assists in managing and resolving health issues.
- Retirement: Proliance offers a matching 401K savings plan for pre-tax or Roth retirement savings.
- Direct Deposit: Proliance offers direct deposit to all employees.
- Safe/Sick Time Off: Proliance offers accrued paid time off to all employees.
- Paperless Pay Statements: Proliance offers the flexibility to view and manage your paycheck online.
- Employee Referral Program: Proliance offers competitive bonuses for employee referrals.
Proliance Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Proliance Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.