Job Title: Systems Engineer
The Systems Engineer supports the systems life cycle in our client’s multi-platform environment by implementing and maintaining an efficient and secure enterprise infrastructure that offers uninterrupted service for our customers. The Systems Engineer provides a holistic view of all our client’s enterprise systems infrastructure including server hardware, operating systems, storage hardware/software, messaging and collaboration hardware/software, and related peripherals.
The Systems Engineer must manage at least one infrastructure technology and have expertise in relevant infrastructure systems. This position is expected to have subject matter knowledge with a firm grasp of solutions, functions, technology and protocols.
The objectives of this project will be to assist the Cloud Service Team develop and implement standards-based automation within our cloud environment. What is developed should be repeatable and set a foundation for future work and/or enhancements.
Length: 1 year contract
Associate Vendors: We are accepting applications from candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Role & Responsibilities
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with our client‘s Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Design, install, configure and maintain IT systems that grow and support the business. Develop recovery strategies for all systems.
- Own at least one core infrastructure technology: Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, SCCM, VMware, Scripting, Citrix, FTP, Linux, or Windows Servers, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate usage statistics to ensure timely upgrades and additions of hardware and software to meet growth requirements.
- Provide escalated systems support for Tier 3 Operations, problem resolution, and mentoring across the IT Division.
- Integrate and schematically depict systems architectures, topologies, hardware, software and signaling links into complete Systems configurations.
- Partner with the security team to prevent, detect and investigate suspicious activity in a timely manner.
- Participate in project teams throughout the organization in order to provide systems expertise and accomplish business objectives.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Azure ARM templates, PowerShell DSC and PowerShell, TFS
- Azure Automation Integration and automation with OMS
- Azure Automation configuration and runbook development
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or computer science, or equivalent work or educational experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of at least 5 of the following systems required: Windows 2003/2008/2012, Unix/Linux, Messaging/collaboration hardware/software, storage hardware/software including SAN/NAS technologies, hypervisor/virtualization technologies, enterprise management/monitoring tools and voice/data networking.
- Knowledge and understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle and systems architecture required.
- Excellent conceptual, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Professional certification in an applicable technology or project management preferred.
- Specialized knowledge required for at least one core infrastructure technology, including having a firm grasp of solutions, functions, technology and protocols: Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, SCCM, VMware, Scripting, Citrix, FTP, Linux, or Windows Servers.
- Foundational knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) concepts and frameworks required.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule and implement multiple projects simultaneously in accordance with our client‘s and industry project management methodologies.
- Maintain system knowledge and be aware of developments in the technical and financial services industry.
- Full time hours required, with occasional travel and the ability to adapt to flexible work hours.
- Weekend, nights and holiday work may be required.
- Will be required to be on-call, carry department communication device and be reachable by phone to provide 24 x 7 coverage.
- Full time on-site coverage required for employees who support the Spokane Data Center.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds required, with bending and mobility to move large objects.
How Do I Apply?
Apply on this website or send an updated resume to email@example.com.
We are a technical staffing agency based in Bellevue, WA that specializes in matching you with quality opportunities that meet your professional aspirations. We offer contract, contract to hire and direct placement services to top Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a variety of industries. Our IT staffing success in the telecommunication, financial, insurance, retail, travel, healthcare, professional service, and technology industries are how we've built a reputation for long-lasting, authentic relationships.
Why Work for Us?
Proliance Consulting offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Vision: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Dental: Proliance offers a plan administered by Delta Dental.
- Flexible Spending Account: Proliance offers FSA’s as a pre-tax benefit to use on medical or dependent care.
- Balance Works: Proliance offers dedicated online personal assistants, wellness programs, & free financial and legal consultations.
- Balance Care: Proliance offers this health advocacy service that assists in managing and resolving health issues.
- Retirement: Proliance offers a matching 401K savings plan for pre-tax or Roth retirement savings.
- Direct Deposit: Proliance offers direct deposit to all employees.
- Safe/Sick Time Off: Proliance offers accrued paid time off to all employees.
- Paperless Pay Statements: Proliance offers the flexibility to view and manage your paycheck online.
- Employee Referral Program: Proliance offers competitive bonuses for employee referrals.
Proliance Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Proliance Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.