Sr. VDI Engineer
It’s an exciting time to join our client's End User Technology team as we are changing the way our employees in the office and in the field receive their client services. We are seeking to deliver an “any device, anyplace, anytime” experience while providing personal choice to our employees when it comes to their primary hardware option. We’ll be leveraging virtual infrastructure/tools to accomplish the bulk of these capabilities. This will help support a number of initiatives towards investments in mobile for a number of our business channels.
To help deliver these services, we are looking for an advanced-to-expert leveled VDI Engineer with a deep knowledge of modern end-user computing solutions and capabilities including virtual and mobile technologies. While this person will be involved and engaged with all technologies and services provided by the team, this candidate’s main focus will be in the VMWare Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) space.
As a Senior IT VDI Engineer, you will help lead the design and implementation of the end user computing experience that unleashes our end users’ productivity. You will be empowered to own and deliver client-focused technologies that enable our business users to be agile and flexible in terms of the way they work.
The team is growing as are the services the team is leading/supporting so it’s a great time to come aboard and help move the team, the organization and the company forward with thought leadership, operational awareness and customer perspective in the client technology domain.
At the discretion of the hiring team, this role may be filled at a lower level.
Start Date: ASAP
Length: 6 months (very high likelihood to convert to permanent)
Role & Responsibilities
- Understands and promotes end user technology standards for hardware, OS, core applications, and peripherals.
- Evaluate, establish, integrate and maintain end user technology applications used to manage desktops, laptops, virtual desktops, virtual applications and mobile devices.
- Serves as the highest-level technical resource for technologies which may span the enterprise. Leads complex troubleshooting efforts and root cause analysis.
- Proactively automate, streamline and simplify engineering processes and routine tasks.
- Creates and updates system documentation for engineering, operations, and support teams.
- Participates in multiple cross company projects and initiatives that impact the end user computing solutions and experiences.
- Operates under minimal direction.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience or combination of education and/or experience.
- Advanced knowledge of VMWare virtual desktop design, development and support
- Advanced knowledge of Windows OS commands, software upgrades, and with network routing and bridging protocols.
- Advanced experience with VMWare Workspace One, Identity Manager, App Stacks and other relevant services including organizational migrations to these services
- Proficient in the understanding and troubleshooting of the Windows family of operating systems, application virtualization and mobile infrastructure tools.
- Advanced experience with participating in projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Advanced experience supporting Windows operating systems deploying enterprise-wide applications.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Self-driven, able to juggle many tasks under tight deadlines, and be comfortable bringing ideas to the table.
- Good documentation, teamwork and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge on current and emerging end user computing solutions, platforms, technologies, and industry/business best practices and trends
- Professional-level certification on at least one EMM platform (i.e. AirWatch, Avalanche, SOTI, VeriFone VHQ, Afaria, etc.) and a broad understanding of design and configuration best practices.
- ITIL v3 training or equivalent hands on experience
How Do I Apply?
Apply on this website or send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a technical staffing agency based in Bellevue, WA that specializes in matching you with quality opportunities that meet your professional aspirations. We offer contract, contract to hire and direct placement services to top Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a variety of industries. Our IT staffing success in the telecommunication, financial, insurance, retail, travel, healthcare, professional service, and technology industries are how we've built a reputation for long-lasting, authentic relationships.
Why Work for Us?
Proliance Consulting offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Vision: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Dental: Proliance offers a plan administered by Delta Dental.
- Flexible Spending Account: Proliance offers FSA’s as a pre-tax benefit to use on medical or dependent care.
- Balance Works: Proliance offers dedicated online personal assistants, wellness programs, & free financial and legal consultations.
- Balance Care: Proliance offers this health advocacy service that assists in managing and resolving health issues.
- Retirement: Proliance offers a matching 401K savings plan for pre-tax or Roth retirement savings.
- Direct Deposit: Proliance offers direct deposit to all employees.
- Safe/Sick Time Off: Proliance offers accrued paid time off to all employees.
- Paperless Pay Statements: Proliance offers the flexibility to view and manage your paycheck online.
- Employee Referral Program: Proliance offers competitive bonuses for employee referrals.
Proliance Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Proliance Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.