Sr. Software Engineer
This job contributes to our client’s success by designing, developing, implementing, documenting and maintaining systems applications. Models and acts in accordance with their guiding values and mission. Our client’s core mission is to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship.
Come work a highly collaborative team environment, creating customized digital experiences and features for a variety of programs including our Checkout & Payments team. We are looking for a Software Engineer to design, develop and implement the next generation of features and functionality for our site as well as refactor old code to create microservices and RESTful APIs. You will get to work on a variety of projects with varying levels of complexity including new site enhancements, code refactoring, application development, new technologies, performance optimization, and incident response. You'll collaborate in a dynamic environment with their Interaction Designers, Information Architects, and various Software Engineers to create interactive features that deliver exceptional customer experiences. You will have the flexibility to grow your skills and explore new technical challenges on the journey towards making their digital experience world class.
Associate Vendors: We are accepting applications from candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Role & Responsibilities
- Analyzes, designs, develops, implements, documents and maintains applications systems, working on moderately complex work tasks or project assignments.
- Gathers, analyzes and translates business and non-functional requirements into a solution design. Defines business requirements and technical solutions, manages tasks, estimates resources, and prioritizes work, with review.
- Designs, develops to specifications and maintains application code in accordance with the current development and project management methodologies and practices.
- Manages work assignments according to current project methodologies or as directed.
- Prepares required documentation for the portion of work assigned, with review.
- Consults with Quality Assurance and business analysts in the development and execution of test plans.
- Provides technical assistance and problem resolution for assigned systems. Resolves production support problems in accordance with problem management policies and procedures. Resolves production support incidents in accordance with incident management policies and procedures.
- Ensures that applications changes follow change management policies and procedures.
- Provides technical guidance to ensure that installed systems are working effectively and that proposed systems will meet the organization’s future needs.
- Prepares periodic and ad hoc status reports for each assignment for department manager and project manager.
- Identifies and provides recommendations for system process improvements.
- Excellent Java (EE) fundamentals, some digital retail/payments knowledge & experience preferred but not mandatory
- Spring, REST
- Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEs
- 4+ years’ experience in software development, with proficiency in Java
- 2+ years’ experience in OO design, development, testing, implementing and supporting web services
- Experience working on websites with many interconnected systems delivering complex functionality
- Knowledge of professional best practices for software engineering across the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- 1+ years’ experience using agile development methodologies preferred
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through the launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements and describe software product features
- Contribute to a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best
- Ability to work closely with others within the same and different disciplines and maintain excellent verbal and written communication skills in the process (e.g. other engineers, SDETs, QA, etc.)
- Oracle knowledge is a plus
- Experience working in an e-commerce retail environment preferred
- Four-year degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
How Do I Apply?
Apply on this website or send an updated resume to email@example.com.
We are a technical staffing agency based in Bellevue, WA that specializes in matching you with quality opportunities that meet your professional aspirations. We offer contract, contract to hire and direct placement services to top Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a variety of industries. Our IT staffing success in the telecommunication, financial, insurance, retail, travel, healthcare, professional service, and technology industries are how we've built a reputation for long-lasting, authentic relationships.
Why Work for Us?
Proliance Consulting offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Vision: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Dental: Proliance offers a plan administered by Delta Dental.
- Flexible Spending Account: Proliance offers FSA’s as a pre-tax benefit to use on medical or dependent care.
- Balance Works: Proliance offers dedicated online personal assistants, wellness programs, & free financial and legal consultations.
- Balance Care: Proliance offers this health advocacy service that assists in managing and resolving health issues.
- Retirement: Proliance offers a matching 401K savings plan for pre-tax or Roth retirement savings.
- Direct Deposit: Proliance offers direct deposit to all employees.
- Safe/Sick Time Off: Proliance offers accrued paid time off to all employees.
- Paperless Pay Statements: Proliance offers the flexibility to view and manage your paycheck online.
- Employee Referral Program: Proliance offers competitive bonuses for employee referrals.
Proliance Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Proliance Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.