Sr. Software Engineer
Our client’s Interactive Software Development Engineers create and implement interactive software for students to experience on desktops and tablets. They are seeking to add a new senior member to the team; someone with a strong desire to grow with the company and improve the lives of children and learning guardians.
Our client is an Agile shop, and their team is made up of a diverse group of self-motivated, passionate, and adaptive software engineers. A typical day in this position involves working with engineers, artists, QA testers, UI/UX designers, and teachers, to create, deliver and support high-quality interactive software. You will be designing and building components to provide a rich and engaging experience for students to explore and master mathematical concepts.
They are seeking someone with a passion for learning, not afraid of challenges, and a knack for solving hard problems, who aspires to be a thought leader amongst their peers. They are changing the lives of students, teachers, and families with their software, and you will play a critical role in expanding and supporting the content and platform that are at the heart of their product offering.
This position will be an excellent fit for you if… You have worked in gaming or another interactive media format, and you are looking to transition into a role where you can help children reach their full potential. For you, web development is not just a layout of forms and buttons, it is a playground for pushing browser limitations and creating innovative spaces. You know how to optimize memory usage, you can maximize frame rates on low spec devices, and you understand tween calculations. Object-oriented programming comes second nature to you, and you can intimately discuss the pros and cons of it and your preferred software design patterns.
You are a problem solver who enthusiastically tackles the unknown with an ability to pour yourself into research and experimentation. You have a vision when speaking about technology and you want to leverage your expertise to educate others. You foster passion for quality work in your teammates by leading with your example. You are motivated by collaborating with a diverse team to deliver impactful software.
Length: Direct hire
Associate Vendors: We are accepting applications from candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Role & Responsibilities
- Create content for our client’s learning experience.
- Help us improve our software platform.
- Operate in a collaborative development environment.
- Deliver quality work to meet our deadlines.
- Support and maintain released software.
- 5+ years of professional programming experience.
- Recent and extensive working knowledge in designing and implementing highly interactive software.
- Extensive knowledge in at least one high-level programming language.
- Experience implementing designs for a user experience across desktop and tablet devices.
- Experience with client-server technologies.
- Solid understanding of the DOM, HTTP, Canvas, and writing and cross-browser web applications.
- Front-end debugging experience using tools such as IntelliJ, Charles Web Proxy, Firebug, and Chrome developer tools.
- Solid number sense and strong math skills
- Self-motivated and passionate about software engineering and technology
How Do I Apply?
Apply on this website or send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a technical staffing agency based in Bellevue, WA that specializes in matching you with quality opportunities that meet your professional aspirations. We offer contract, contract to hire and direct placement services to top Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a variety of industries. Our IT staffing success in the telecommunication, financial, insurance, retail, travel, healthcare, professional service, and technology industries are how we've built a reputation for long-lasting, authentic relationships.
Why Work for Us?
Proliance Consulting offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Vision: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Dental: Proliance offers a plan administered by Delta Dental.
- Flexible Spending Account: Proliance offers FSA’s as a pre-tax benefit to use on medical or dependent care.
- Balance Works: Proliance offers dedicated online personal assistants, wellness programs, & free financial and legal consultations.
- Balance Care: Proliance offers this health advocacy service that assists in managing and resolving health issues.
- Retirement: Proliance offers a matching 401K savings plan for pre-tax or Roth retirement savings.
- Direct Deposit: Proliance offers direct deposit to all employees.
- Safe/Sick Time Off: Proliance offers accrued paid time off to all employees.
- Paperless Pay Statements: Proliance offers the flexibility to view and manage your paycheck online.
- Employee Referral Program: Proliance offers competitive bonuses for employee referrals.
Proliance Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Proliance Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.