Service Desk Technician
Length: 6-month contract to hire
Associate Vendors: We are accepting applications from candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Role & Responsibilities
- Dispatches technical trouble calls to technical support staff or appropriate resource.
- Logs incoming calls to call tracking system.
- Escalate calls as needed.
- Staff Solution Center and turn over any alerts to next shift.
- Assists users with basic usability issues.
- Resets passwords and/or unlocks accounts for users.
- Maintains a trouble call clearance rate in accordance with established departmental standards.
- Monitor systems and equipment. Notifies manager/administrator of developing situations (alerts) which affect multiple users or systems.
- Maintain/update customer and equipment database records.
- Tracks user problems for trends.
- Maintains supplies as needed for production.
- Support education/training on VMC software.
- Review and respond to Solution Center email daily.
- Ensure appropriate phone message is activated for alert notifications.
- Run and monitor system backups
- Print required reports and run nightly processes in accordance with system standards
- Monitor and take steps to troubleshoot production interfaces and notify support and/or System Administrator.
- Minimum one (1) year of technical school. One (1) years’ experience in a similar position may replace schooling.
- Two years’ experience with IBM-compatible PC’s.
- One-year experience in a customer service or Solution Center Support role.
- Demonstrated ability to install and repair PC hardware, software and related equipment.
- Minimum one-year experience with the installation or management of Windows 2K Networks.
- A+ required, Net+ Candidate.
- Experience with currently installed computer and telephone equipment, operating systems, and desktop applications.
- Ability to work independently and in teams with good problem solving, communication, and organizational skills.
- Diligent, results-oriented work habits.
- Ability to set priorities, produce accurate work, and meet deadlines; ability to function in a setting with a wide variety of duties and numerous interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow detailed instructions.
- Demonstrated continued professional development.
UNIQUE PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS, ENVIRONMENT, AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Requires the ability to move PC’s and printers weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to move paper boxes to and from storage and line printer weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Requires planning, organizing and working on multiple tasks at one time.
- Tolerates ambiguity in instructions and work situations.
How Do I Apply?
Apply on this website or send an updated resume to email@example.com.
We are a technical staffing agency based in Bellevue, WA that specializes in matching you with quality opportunities that meet your professional aspirations. We offer contract, contract to hire and direct placement services to top Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a variety of industries. Our IT staffing success in the telecommunication, financial, insurance, retail, travel, healthcare, professional service, and technology industries are how we've built a reputation for long-lasting, authentic relationships.
Why Work for Us?
Proliance Consulting offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Vision: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Dental: Proliance offers a plan administered by Delta Dental.
- Flexible Spending Account: Proliance offers FSA’s as a pre-tax benefit to use on medical or dependent care.
- Balance Works: Proliance offers dedicated online personal assistants, wellness programs, & free financial and legal consultations.
- Balance Care: Proliance offers this health advocacy service that assists in managing and resolving health issues.
- Retirement: Proliance offers a matching 401K savings plan for pre-tax or Roth retirement savings.
- Direct Deposit: Proliance offers direct deposit to all employees.
- Safe/Sick Time Off: Proliance offers accrued paid time off to all employees.
- Paperless Pay Statements: Proliance offers the flexibility to view and manage your paycheck online.
- Employee Referral Program: Proliance offers competitive bonuses for employee referrals.
Proliance Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Proliance Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.