Summary: The Scrum Master is accountable for planning and monitoring the Scrum process for our client. The Scrum master may lead one or more scrum teams and work with multi discipline teams. These teams support initiatives that are critical to our client’s business functions. The solutions delivered may be custom developed or integrated with vendor provided solutions. The Scrum Master uses project management skills to manage timelines, costs, negotiate dependencies and provide status updates. The Scrum Master works with closely with a Product Owner to understand backlog priorities and scope, and facilitates tradeoff discussions to deliver acceptable outcomes. The Scrum Master must be an Agile champion, driving the team through Sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives and demo’s. He/she will advocate changes to the team process, to ensure continued improvements in software quality and delivery.
Length: 6 month contract to hire
Associate Vendors: We are accepting applications from candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Team Management: coaches the team on Agile/Scrum practices and ensures they are followed, assists the team in self-organization, removes impediments and guides the team to find solutions to impediments, holds team resources accountable for their deliverables, helps team with estimation and helps improve velocity, provides dashboards and metrics to understand how the team is performing (burndown charts, velocity metrics etc.), builds a safe trusting team environment, facilitates decision making and conflict resolution, pro-actively manages budget and dependencies, assists with internal communications and improves project transparency, and manages multiple dependent work streams e.g. run scrum of scrums, understands SAFE principles, etc. 60%
- Stakeholder Management: supports the Product Owner, on refining the product backlog, works with the Product Owner to plan and prepare backlog for Sprint Planning, understands Product Owner’s definition of success, develops long range Release plans to facilitate incremental delivery of value, pro-actively manages risks, builds consensus among multiple stakeholders, able to influence without authority, and has good understanding of business problem to be solved. 30%
- Process Improvement: understand software delivery and project governance processes, contributes and champions process improvements in Agile practices, and coaches team members to higher levels of agile maturity.10%
• Agile experience
• Extensive Scrum Master/PM Experience
• Insurance/Financial experience
• Experience with ADO
How Do I Apply?
Apply on this website or send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a technical staffing agency based in Seattle, WA that specializes in matching you with quality opportunities that meet your professional aspirations. We offer contract, contract to hire and direct placement services to top Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a variety of industries. Our IT staffing success in the telecommunication, financial, insurance, retail, travel, healthcare, professional service and technology industries are how we've built a reputation for long-lasting, authentic relationships.
Why Work for Us?
Proliance Consulting offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes the following:
• Medical: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
• Vision: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
• Dental: Proliance offers a plan administered by Delta Dental.
• Retirement: Proliance offers a matching 401K savings plan for pre-tax or Roth retirement savings.
• Direct Deposit: Proliance offers direct deposit to all employees.
• Safe/Sick Time Off: Proliance offers accrued paid time off to all employees.
• Paperless Pay Statements: Proliance offers the flexibility to view and manage your paycheck online.
• Employee Referral Program: Proliance offers competitive bonuses for employee referrals.
Proliance Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Proliance Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.