Data Privacy Analyst
This job contributes to our client’s success by identifying, assessing, and working to reduce privacy risks to the Co-op as part of a comprehensive and growing Privacy Program. You will be called on to create, refine, communicate, and implement privacy policies, standards, and procedures, representing the Privacy Program throughout the organization. Models and acts in accordance with their guiding values and mission, including maintaining a trusted and authentic relationship with our members and customers.
Associate Vendors: We are accepting applications from candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Role & Responsibilities
- Review and assess privacy risks to the Co-op related to member, customer, employee, and other personal data via project-based privacy risk/privacy impact assessments.
- Develop and maintain appropriate and concise documentation to record privacy risk assessments, findings, and recommendations.
- Appropriately configure, manage, and maintain a governance, risk, and compliance technology or system of record to track privacy risks in coordination with other internal stakeholders.
- Update and maintain an accurate data inventory and record of all personal data processing activities.
- Collaborate and consult with business owners and technologists to identify, develop, implement, and test privacy controls to ensure effective reduction of privacy risks to the Co-op.
- Stay informed about state, federal, and international privacy laws and regulatory regimes, including trends in enforcement and implementation, translating external requirements into actionable insights for their business.
- Provide guidance, education, training and information resources to all relevant stakeholders, increasing awareness of privacy and privacy best practices throughout the Co-op.
- Collaborate effectively with a diverse range of internal partners and stakeholders to further the goals of the privacy program, maintaining a business mindset while furthering the goals of the Privacy Program.
- Engage and maintain a network of privacy advocates throughout the business who are educated and passionate about integrating privacy and Privacy by Design principles into the Co-op’s business activities.
- Advanced degree or 4+ years post-graduate work experience in relevant field
- 3+ years’ work experience in privacy, in-house or regulatory agency strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a variety of internal audiences
- Advanced knowledge of privacy risk management methodologies, including privacy risk or privacy impact assessments, product counseling, or other privacy risk and compliance approaches.
- Demonstrated interest in privacy and data protection.
- Current IAPP certification (CIPP/US or CIPT preferred).
- Thorough understanding of privacy laws, regulations, self-regulatory regimes, and industry best practices, including current and future trends.
- Working knowledge of relevant privacy industry organizations and resources.
- Experience with or knowledge of the retail industry.
- Experience within a digital-forward, innovative environment.
- Experience reviewing legal language related to privacy in B2B and B2C contexts.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
How Do I Apply?
Apply on this website or send an updated resume to email@example.com.
We are a technical staffing agency based in Bellevue, WA that specializes in matching you with quality opportunities that meet your professional aspirations. We offer contract, contract to hire and direct placement services to top Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a variety of industries. Our IT staffing success in the telecommunication, financial, insurance, retail, travel, healthcare, professional service, and technology industries are how we've built a reputation for long-lasting, authentic relationships.
Why Work for Us?
Proliance Consulting offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Vision: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
- Dental: Proliance offers a plan administered by Delta Dental.
- Flexible Spending Account: Proliance offers FSA’s as a pre-tax benefit to use on medical or dependent care.
- Balance Works: Proliance offers dedicated online personal assistants, wellness programs, & free financial and legal consultations.
- Balance Care: Proliance offers this health advocacy service that assists in managing and resolving health issues.
- Retirement: Proliance offers a matching 401K savings plan for pre-tax or Roth retirement savings.
- Direct Deposit: Proliance offers direct deposit to all employees.
- Safe/Sick Time Off: Proliance offers accrued paid time off to all employees.
- Paperless Pay Statements: Proliance offers the flexibility to view and manage your paycheck online.
- Employee Referral Program: Proliance offers competitive bonuses for employee referrals.
Proliance Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Proliance Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.