Summary: As a Senior Backend Engineer, you have the opportunity to help to build our client’s backend, database, and platform infrastructure. You will also have the opportunity to work with other talented engineers and designers, leverage the best technologies to deliver the next generation of scalable, reliable, and maintainable services that will serve the company’s growing customer base.
Associate Vendors: We are accepting applications from candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Write code with a focus on, but not limited to, the backend parts of software products
• Actively participate in team meetings such as exits, demos, retrospectives, grooming, and planning – helping facilitate streamlined team functioning
• Own parts of feature sets from inception through implementation and past release into customer use
• Advocate for technology work (such as technical debt) with product managers so that the right mix of core infrastructure and external features get built
• Interface as an SME with other teams such as product management, client success, curriculum, and marketing
• Design and architect solutions and actively participate in architecture discussions with other developers
• Participate in code reviews for peers
• 8+ years of applicable experience in technical roles, especially in backend and platform infrastructure domains
• Expert with Java and some knowledge of one or more of other OOP languages
• Strong working experience with technologies such as the AWS stack, Docker, Service Mesh
• Solid experience with large-scale cloud-based SOA systems and microservice architectures
• Working experience with Agile and CICD development process
• Familiarity with database systems and architecture, including one or more of MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL (DynamoDB, etc.), Redshift
• Self-motivated and passionate about software engineering and technology
• Demonstrate excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrate lateral thinking skills
• Can communicate effectively to technical and non-technical people
How Do I Apply?
Apply on this website or send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a technical staffing agency based in Seattle, WA that specializes in matching you with quality opportunities that meet your professional aspirations. We offer contract, contract to hire and direct placement services to top Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a variety of industries. Our IT staffing success in the telecommunication, financial, insurance, retail, travel, healthcare, professional service and technology industries are how we've built a reputation for long-lasting, authentic relationships.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+ for recent news and current openings.
Why Work for Us?
Proliance Consulting offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes the following:
• Medical: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
• Vision: Proliance covers 50% of our employee’s premiums and 25% of any dependents on a plan administered through United Healthcare.
• Dental: Proliance offers a plan administered by Delta Dental.
• Retirement: Proliance offers a matching 401K savings plan for pre-tax or Roth retirement savings.
• Direct Deposit: Proliance offers direct deposit to all employees.
• Safe/Sick Time Off: Proliance offers accrued paid time off to all employees.
• Paperless Pay Statements: Proliance offers the flexibility to view and manage your paycheck online.
• Employee Referral Program: Proliance offers competitive bonuses for employee referrals.
Proliance Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Proliance Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.