The Consultant serves a pivotal role in the oversight, management, and implementation of all Enterprise Analytics' advanced analytics. The Consultant supports the Hospital and Enterprise Analytics' vision, mission, and strategic initiatives by overseeing and guiding technical expertise to design, create and develop analytical solutions and by providing internal consultation, program and project management. The incumbent will oversee and guide the implementation and support of multifaceted information analysis, requiring extensive knowledge of hospital operations, industry best practices, data analysis, and visualization methodologies. The role applies substantial depth of skill and experience in reviewing and recommending and implementing solutions. The incumbent is knowledgeable in analytics tools and methodologies; advanced statistical techniques; technical programming skills; uses expertise and experience to develop solutions that enable end-users to understand and use data intelligently; effectively provides analytical and statistical mentorship to other analysts and end-users as needed; works directly with business and clinical associates to ensure best practices for statistical analysis and data display; promotes in-depth understanding of nuances in data. This position identifies and resolves issues throughout the development of analytical solutions, and is accountable for identifying opportunities for continuous improvement in workflow processes in the implementation of these solutions, and leading CPI teams to improve processes. The incumbent leads project work efforts at an enterprise level.
SECTION II: QUALIFICATIONS
The minimum qualifications listed below (along with education/experience) are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Minimum Education and Experience: (Identify only education requirements that are legally defensible – e.g., an attorney needs a Juris Doctor)
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field, or equivalent technical training/certification; work experience that demonstrates technical competency may be substituted for formal education
- At least ten (10) years of industry-related experience, or experience in support of complex analysis
- Knowledge of current tools and methodologies
- Expert knowledge of statistics and other data analysis and display techniques
- Experience with complete metrics solution development life-cycle, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, coding, testing, and deployment
- Experience with Cerner, Epic or similar software product
- Microsoft Office 2007, SharePoint, SQL Server
- Knowledge of other third party software: Power BI, Tableau, Business Objects
- Knowledge of statistical packages: SASS, SPSS, STATA, MiniTab
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Broad understanding of statistics and advanced data analysis
- Solid understanding of data display standards, principles, and tools
- Expert knowledge of clinical and business data, as well as benchmarking tools and methods
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools and theory
- Demonstrated advanced level of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a collaborative leadership style, and a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to analyze complex tasks/systems/problems, determine possible solutions, and design, implement and evaluate most effective solution
- Able to apply best practices and knowledge of internal/external business challenges to improve products, processes or services
- Able to effectively interpret customer needs, assess requirements, and identify solutions to nonstandard requests
- Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Able to manage and coordinate assigned projects or programs with manageable risks and resource requirements
SEDENTARY - Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally for lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling. For a more detailed description of the physical demands required, please refer to the Job Demand Analysis or ADA Profile by contacting the Human Resources Department.
SECTION III: PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES: (Please list no more than 10 primary job responsibilities). The primary job responsibilities and accountabilities listed below represent work performed by this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific accountability will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of the position.
Serve as the primary consultant for enterprise-wide, mission-critical, high risk and high impact projects within the scope of a strategic BI program. Provide consultative services to internal customers and EA staff, lead support efforts for hospital goals and initiatives, identify potential areas for improvement in all EA processes, and understand the challenges that the customer is facing so as to provide maximum value to customers. Recommend and teach best practices for analytic solutions. Apply expert problem-solving and critical thinking in data analysis, and coach other EA staff in the same. Serve as a business/clinical consultant translating disparate information into cogent analysis and actionable recommendations to drive the business forward. Demonstrate initiative and innovation by proactively identifying other opportunities through research and analysis and make recommendations to management that help set strategic and technical direction for the EA team.
Serve as the data design and analytical expert for all analysts in Enterprise Analytics. Develop plans, coordinate design/deployment efforts, lead and mentor analytical resources. Direct troubleshooting and perform accurate root cause analysis for resolving data integration problems from multiple source systems. Lead efforts to to acquire, manage, research, and analyze data and report results; including gaining access to various data source systems, conducting data discovery, creating queries, determining trends in the data, and suggesting recommendations based upon the findings. Ensure that system improvements are successfully implemented. Lead team to efficiently meet deadlines. Effectively lead projects and adhere to project management methodology guidelines.
Develop analysis strategies and solutions with awareness of business customer requirements and corporate goals. Execute solutions as authored in a seamless manner. Develop and implement standards, methods, tools, procedures, and processes to be used in the enterprise. Provide project management for activities, products, services, and processes within the enterprise. Mentor, coach and lead the Interpretation, evaluation, and interrelation of complex data analyses for incorporation into strategic decision-making, utilization trending, patient outcome analysis, and quality measurement. Lead and coach the team in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies within complex data environment.
Lead, coach and mentor EA staff on how to document clear and concise business requirements, and lead partnership with the Enterprise Data Warehouse team to design, test and implement business intelligence solutions to support hospital initiatives. Lead and coach EA staff on how to translate reporting requirements, business/clinical needs into analysis for technical approach (data sourcing, methodology, specifications and documentation). Lead discussions with technical staff and user groups to transfer development activities to technical staff. Lead, develop, sustain and continuously improve relations between the project team and key customers and stakeholders Provide analytic expertise, guidance and research to manage assigned projects, and coordinate issues amongst customers and peers. Direct and communicate project status, schedules and risk assessments to managers as well as the project team, and continually assess opportunities for improvement. Lead development of standards and strategies in order to maintain data integrity, complete data validation, and root cause analysis in relation to data discrepancies discovered;
Provide expertise and leadership in implementing the EA vision and strategy:
- Lead the EA strategy development by leveraging existing system knowledge, identifying opportunities to address challenges, and moving the organization closer to desired future state
- Influence senior leadership team to adopt vision and strategy
- Develop and maintain knowledge of relevant trends, technology advances and legal/regulatory requirements as consideration for vision and strategy development
- Guide IS and program leadership in the assessment of prospective solutions
- Guide business case/risk analysis for proposed solutions
- Serve as guide/mentor for other analysts in EA and throughout the organization
- Participate in and serve as an expert resource in various external networking groups
- Keep abreast of leading solutions in the healthcare industry and evangelize with senior architect team members.